Add Hotfixes, IE7, DirectX, and MP11

Hello All,

First post. Very new at this. Thanks for being here and helping!

I have an XP-SP2 Dell OEM CD that I would like to update with all the hotfixes and add the three other items in the title - will be installed on Dell machines. Played around a bit with the Ryan package of hotfixes (Feb) and very easily got that integrated (is that the right word?) into my disk. Burned a new disk and tried it out. No problems (well... it seemed to be missing two critical updates for MP9 - I figured that was left out on purpose since there were two newer versions).

I'm confused as to the rest though. I THINK I should incorporate these first, before the hotfixes, no? So that other hotfixes in the Ryan package can be applied? If so, how do I do that? For instance, I've downloaded the directx 9.0c stand-alone package from Microsoft. Do I need to somehow extract all the files? Do I just add the whole .exe file as-is to nlite as a hotfix? Could someone walk me through this please?

And, are all three of these the same? Do I deal with IE7 and MP11 just as I would Directx? Is there a particular order?

Sorry if some of this is completely stupid-sounding but I just haven't been able to figure it out by the various helps or by drilling into the message base with searches.

TIA!

see here for a WMP11 addon. and a directx addon can be found here.

just integrate the addons (either 7z or cab archive) as hotfixes. for IE7, u can just integrate the exe.

id install RyanVM's update pack first then the addons.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand. That's been my problem trying to read about this here and elsewhere.

I've downloaded IE7, MP11, and DirectX from Microsoft download. They're all .exe files. Can I use these? Do I need to convert them to some other format? Or do I need something else entirely. How does an "addon" differ from these? If these are really stupid questions, could you point me to someplace here or elsewhere which explains it to a beginner?

Re: RyanVM's update pack. If I install this first and then install IE7 afterwards, for instance, how do I get the updates to IE7 incorporated (there have been some, no?). Or does the full download from MSFT already include the updates?

Sorry for what may be lame questions. Just trying to make sense of all this.

TIA

You can add IE7 directly to NLites hotfixes section , and as explained above you can download the nlite ready versions of the other file u meantion by going to the links provided. Maybe this page will give u a little more insite into how you will have to allow Nlite to incorporate your programs for u. There is even a Nlite Program that will make almost anything compatable for silent install through the hotfix integration. Check out this page to help explain more on how the nlite file setup will have to look in order for nlite to accept it and auto install for u. http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=63596

hi Ville! addons differ to the regular exes in such a way that these have been repacked (& some modded) & may all be slipstreamed ... you don't have to worry anymore as to how it would be extracted ... thanks to addon makers for ensuring their addon works flawlessly :thumbsup ... as already mentioned, you can just use this addon & simply put these all in the Hotfixes & Update Packs section ...

Edited by Kiki Burgh