Problem with Philips ToUcam XS USB Webcam

Baek

Hi!

Just got the Philips ToUcam XS USB webcam and according to Philips, XP have built in drivers for the device.

Well, plugged it into my laptop and it worked perfectly. However, doing the same thing on my desktop, XP finds an USB cam but no drivers (same installation on both computers, i.e. XP Pro).

I've copied the files used for the webcam on my laptop to my desktop and then tried to install it manually from C:WindowsSystem32, C:WindowsSystem32Drivers etc, but without any luck.

Can anyone please tell me how to install the camera manually? Some .inf-file I'm missing or what? It *must* be possible to get it working in some way since it works on my laptop... :spaced

Regards,

Baek

Hi!

Got the file, but the installation process stopped due to a reason like "No compatible drivers found..."

So if you have any tips on how to proceed further, I'd appreciate them. :cool:

Thanks in advance,

Baek

Hi, again...

I've solved the problem now... scheesh, never fool around with the computer deadtired. :spaced

Looked around in C:Windows and found the Inf directory (probably hidden the first time I started to mess around). Began comparing the files on my desktop with those on my laptop and found two files missing. One of them was of course an inf-file containing installation info about the Philips ToUcam XS. Copied the files and plugged the cam in. Problem solved.

Thanks anyway for your efforts!

Regards,

Baek