Vista preinstalled on notebook - langauge ?

b|lly

Hello guys.

I've bough a laptop which had a German Windows Vista preinstalled. It is Toshiba Sattelite.

I've restored it and the only language option was German.

But while checking the recovery partition I noticed that there are all files available in English too and that German was basicly like some "add on".

The weird thing was Everest language report for installed OS, which said that there is an English (USA) version installed? huh...

So I started to think...perhaps Toshiba somehow "locked" the language selection and "forced" German language as the only one selectable.

Do you perhaps kno how can I change this and if it will work so I could install English Vista. I really dont care if the Toshibas drivers and utilities are in German, I only want Vista to be in English...

I tried the util called vLite but it does now recognise the recovery partition as the Windows install folder... so I dont know what else to do..

please help.

Hi,

I was wondering the same thing, there should be a way to alter the restore partition to change the language.

I know it is possible, but i can't seem to be able to access the restore partition on the HD.

Any help anyone?