XP Home and new users

snoopy81

After long time trying and understanding many aspects of improvement of WindowsXP installation CD, I obtainned a nice and clean installation CD using nLite 1.3rc2 over WindowsXP pro.

But to use this Windows XP on my notebook, I needa home version, according to my Win licence. So, I used the same procedure to XP Home, and...

nLite absolutelly want me to add a new user, telling (rough translation of French nLite) "WindowsXP home can't create an administrator account".

Of course, after 2nd reboot, the Window's intro asks me to say who will use this computer, resulting an installation with 2 users.

After some investigation, ( non nLited XPhome never do that ! ), I figured out the problem:

This "new user" is created by nlite.inf file:

[TO]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlite_post_00",0x00000000,"nhelper net1 user """"Nouvel Utilisateur"""" /add"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlite_post_01",0x00000000,"nhelper net1 localgroup """"Administrateurs"""" """"Nouvel Utilisateur"""" /add"
HKU,".DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nltide_3",0x00020000,"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N"

But removing those lines endsup with a partially customised installation. (Either nLite cutomisation, or personal one using cmdlines.txt)... maybe it has something to do with later line ?

Any way to fix this annoying issue ?

Edited by snoopy81