Services.exe badness

suttle

Hi guys,

I've been using a nLited WinXPPro for almost a year now and it has been working great. Now I wanted to do it again so I could get a nice slimmed down and updated version of XP with all hotfixes integrated along with WMP11 and IE7.

However, for some reason my new version of XP does not like the printer. As soon as I turn it on I get a shutdown dialog (XP shutting down in 60 seconds) saying that services.exe referenced memory at 0x00000000.

The printer worked fine in my previous version so something is obviously wrong with my new XP.

The question is does anyone know what the problem could be, have I removed something that I shouldn't?

These are the steps I've done to create my XP image.

1. Use RVMIntegrator to integrate RyanVM Update pack 2.1.7 (there seems to be a problem using nLite for this as it doesn't seem to be able to integrate kb924667 properly as the hotfix shows up in WU), RVMAddons.1.8.1, RVMAddonsDX9.1.1, RVMAddonsWGA.1.5. and Kels.Royal.Remixed.Addon.1.45.

2. Integrate IE7 with nLite.

3. Restarting nLite and integrating IE7-KB929969 and IE7-KB928090.

4. Restarting nLite and using the attached preset WinXPLeanAndMeanNlite.

I installed XP on my machine and used it for a couple days with no problems (though I had to install the nVidia drivers again even though they were supposed to have been integrated).

I then realized that I hadn't installed the printer so I installed the drivers for the HP Photosmart 3110 All-In-One and then afterwards when I turned the printer on I get the aforementioned forced shutdown dialog.

Any ideas?

WinXPLeanAndMeanNLite.INI