Human Interface Devices

mattathompson

Ok, i have a logitech G5 laser mouse, and a logitech media keyboard, both are usb, on a non nlited install of xp, when i first boot, it picks them both up as logitech devices and installs the devices automatically, when i make an nlite disc and install, w/ sp1, or sp2 on xp, it just picks them up as HID-Compliant Mouse, or Keyboard, and doesn't install them automatically, brings up the found new hardware wizard and i can't do anything because they aren't installed, but, if i reboot, and put a usb to ps/2 adapter on the mouse, the mouse works, so i can click and install the drivers, it installs them, but they are basic drivers, after i install them there, i can then put it back on the usb and it works, but still only picks up as HID-Compliant mouse/keyboard, any reason why? the drivers are there i am guessing, but doesn't automatically install them, or the right ones aren't there and it just installs basics, anyone have any thoughts?

. <---------

See that?

That's a Full Stop! They're amazing things, you should try using them. :D

Can you post your nlite config?

With Window's own drivers, the mouse/keyboard will only show up as HID Compliant devices.. you have to install the third party drivers manually to get it to pick them up as Logitech devices. The non-nlited XP obviously has these third party drivers installed, and the nlited XP obviously doesn't. :)