install error

spottydog10

Hi all,

So I made a bootable dvd with vista lite, but when i try to run the install I get

"Setup has encountered an error and must restart"

It just loops around this message.

The Vista I'm using is the business upgrade on 4 cd's.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Spot

"I was wondering can you access the files after the install has failed (maybe second partition with workable OS) so that you pull me out few log files, I'll tell you which if you answer positively? "

Hi, I couldnt get the pm to work, sorry.

Yes, I can try that except for the fact that after a failed vista install, my XP os (on a seperate partition)

is unavailable. (maybe ntldr is on the vista side?)

If you can work a way round this I'll give it a go.

Thanks,

Spot

Once you make ISO with vLite you can burn it (or burn directly with vLite) and it will be bootable. Then set in your BIOS to first boot from CD/DVD or press F8 while rebooting then choose (works on some motherboards).

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm an IT tech and do clean installs from cd/dvd all the time, that isnt the problem.

The issue is that my bootable vlite gives me the error (on my original post) but installs fine from the os on my other partition. My question is, is this because I have an upgrade version of vista or something else? Is there a workaround?

Thanks

spot

Hm you say it gets the error only if you burn it and run from CD, that means something is wrong with the burning process.

Either try lower speeds or try Nero to burn ISO and make that ISO with vLite.