Why create an Unattended Install?

I've put hours into making my unattended install disc and I started wondering...for a home user with one PC to re-do, what is the point? It seems like even when things go perfectly, that there will be some programs that need to be installed manually anyway. :crazy:

Now, I admit...it is VERY cool to have a disc do this for you and there is great personal satisfaction in having it work. But, I got to thinking that the amount of time I'm putting into making this thing work correctly is going to be significantly longer than just installing it the 'old fashioned' way, updating with windows update, tweaking it how I want it and then just imaging the disc.

Are there other reasons why its better to go the Unattended route? One thing I thought of is that there may not be as many temp files laying around going the unattended route. But then again, you could always use CCleaner to remove that stuff before imaging the disc.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Why do you go through all the effort of making one of these?

It is all personal preference. I use both. For my machines that are general use machines I use UACD to do the install, then if I need it updated it can be updated before the install. For machines that are dedicated to a specific use and have specialized HW or SW I create images of them when I have them they way I wan them.

I'm not sure it's the perfect thing for the single home computer. I want to use it for my job where I install 2 or 3 computers every month, usually many more. If I can get the package down I can just set the box/laptop on a shelf behind me, hit a few buttons and not be bogged down for an hour or two answering repetitive questions.

For your setup, I'd suggest learning more about the imaging of your system. Creating some backups of your computer when you have it right where you want it.

Also, going through all the steps and working them out will really help you if you ever want to grab a job in the field.