Windows 2003. Logging into using DOS

sureal187

I am trying to connect to a windows 2003 share using dos. The domain enviroment is a mixed enviroment and should allow dos users to connect.

The error I am recieving says: You have been logged on but have not been validated by a server, therefore some network resources may be unavailable. When I try to use the netuse command it simply tells me that my password is incorrect.

Any information on why this might occur would be greatly appreciated. We are trying to setup the lab files for the 2278B LAB for the Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Infrastructure book. It asks us to use the microsoft IP Boot disk, but the supplied boot disk is not working. We believe it has something to do with logging in as DOS. ANY fix for this would be awesome.

You have to disable SMB Signing to make this work:

1. Open the Default Domain Controllers Policy

2. Browse to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options

3. Edit the "Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications (always)" policy, configuring it to be "Disabled"

If it's not 2003 native, that shouldn't affect logons from downlevel DOS clients. A 2003 native domain would likely require LM Auth to be forced to NTLM v1.

Yeah, but wouldn't it not work if they were in mixed mode but still forced the LM Auth to v1 or v2? I'm just asking for my own personal education. :)