autochk.exe

John Mc

I have been using nlite for a long time now with little problems. In the latest version all my builds halt on first boot saying autochk.exe missing. Any Idea as to what i am removing that is causing this problem. Im using 1.3 rc2 on server 2003 sp1.

Thanks

No because nLite doesn't remove it.

But it could be ISO problem, try changing the default engine, download mkisofs or cdimage (recommended) then change it in nlite's iso page, you'll find it. Then recreate the ISO from the same folder (just select iso page).

If that doesn't help recheck if you do anything else or remove files with remove box (components - advanced).

• 1 month later...

I just thought I'd add that I'm having the same problem, although I'm using 1.3 RC2 on Server 2003 SP2 R2.

I've tried recreating the ISO with mkisofs, and I've tried burning with an external program. I don't have any extra files to be removed in the remove box.

I did take a whole lot out of it though all up, the ISO was only 168mb when I'd finished, so it's anyones guess at to what may be the cause.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
I have been using nlite for a long time now with little problems. In the latest version all my builds halt on first boot saying autochk.exe missing. Any Idea as to what i am removing that is causing this problem. Im using 1.3 rc2 on server 2003 sp1.

Thanks

Hi,

After quite good results with XP SP2 I started recently working with 2003 R2 Enterprise. I was able to integrate SP2 and produce a working 1 CD of it (2003 + R2 patched with SP2). But when I start to tweak and remove parts, I have the same error, crash on first boot. Hmm, and no, I haven't deleted that file and the ISO isn't damaged : I have (unfortunately) reproduced the same problem 10 times on 2 different computers.

Greetings.

Hm weird if you say that mkisofs failed as well. Then it's something in the config files.

Attach your preset please, the one which you are sure causes that.