Office 2007 - ProrWW.cab not found.

zedox

I downloaded the trial version of Office 2007 Professional from the M$ site.

Open up the installation, clicked install. About half way through it says it can't find file ProrWW.cab

If you click retry it just tries and fails, click cancel and the whole setup gets cancelled.

I re-downloaded it from M$ 2 more times to eliminate a faulty download.

I ran the extraction switch on the downloaded executable... /extract:###

I checked the location where i extracted it to, ran setup and still fails with same error.

Checked the extracted locations files, and the file is where it is supposed to be.

Delved a bit deeper into the MD5 hashing of that file and the reference made to this in a setup.xml file.

It appears the MD5 number listed in the setup.xml file is different to what the ProrWW.cab is reporting.

I edited the xml file to match, but setup won't even start now.

I copied the original setup.xml file back and setup does begin but obviously still fails with same problem.

I'm guessing I could just wait until microsoft realises this problem.

But in the mean time if any one knows how to change an MD5 number on an actual file?

Or maybe how to edit an xml file and save it but without it changing the MD5 number?

• 3 weeks later...

Yip... Having same issue. When I moved the file to the desktop (in hopes it just didn't like where it WAS), I get invalid path error. This is just freagg'n crazy!

On another note... I just reformatted my machine. I HAD Office 2k7 installed and running lovely before. And now I'm getting this? What gives?

post-118794-1173287926_thumb.jpg