Sometimes my nlited windows XP installs hangs during peripherals detec

Francesco

freezenc1.png

Sometimes when I install windows with my unattended CD (both on real PCs and virtual machines) the installation hangs (the setup animation still works so it's just an installation problem) when detecting peripherals always at the same point.

This doesn't happen all the times, most of the installs runs fine.

Any idea? Is there any log to check or something like that to find out where the problem is?

It's definitely not nlite's fault. Check your BIOS settings, it's usually that, search the net about it.

This happens not only on PCs but also on virtual machines. Also this happens randomly: sometimes the install goes fine, sometimes it doesn't even on the same PC/virtual machine. It looks like it's a bug in the windows setup or something like that (a driver problem maybe). Isn't there any install logfile that the installer saves on the partition where I try to install windows so I can see where the install hangs)?

You could have a look at the C:\WINDOWS\setup*.log files.

Another thing to look at would be the ACPI settings, the Computer Type field in nLite. I problems with that if I had that on the wrong settings.

You could have a look at the C:\WINDOWS\setup*.log files.

Another thing to look at would be the ACPI settings, the Computer Type field in nLite. I problems with that if I had that on the wrong settings.

I think it depends on the computer settings (because sometimes the install works even on the same PCs where previously an install failed), I think it's a bug in the windows installer that happens randomly when detecting some piece of hardware. I'll now give a look at the logs to see what happened, thanks.