problems with ntfs.sys file on nlite discs

Eli

After attempting installs w/ nlite created discs I get an error msg that ntfs.sys is missing or corrupt.

Searches on the boards have suggested this is either a memory or CD rom problem. I have gone back and installed from the original install disc and the install went fine - so these are not the problems. I have also run MemTest, and changed cd-roms.

My disc:

slipstream sp2 and IE7 with nlite

slipstream WMP11 with boooggy's slipstreamer

updated with ryanvm updatepack, addonpack, dx9, and wga

I have a stack of about 10 discs now, all with the same problem all done in different orders to try to eliminate the problem...

From reading the forums it seems as if the correct order should be something like:

1-Slipstream SP2

2-Addon Packs

3-Slipstream IE7

4-Update Pack (so updates are applied to IE7)

5-Slipstream Boooggy WMP11 (as per app instructions to use last)

I have tried both RyanVM and nLite for integrating Ryan's Packs/Update....same end result. Multiple corrupt system files. Even after replacing the ntfs.sys with a working file from a working windows install the OS still crashes in the install phase due to other files missing/corrupt.

Edited by Eli

I see many mistakes in your sequences so I'll just state what I know is the right way:

-use RW discs and/or virtual machines while unsure

-run nlite ONCE on a clean original CD

-select pages you need

by clicking next do the following if you selected it:

-Slipstream SP2 (only if no SP2 already of course)

-addon packs/hotfixes + IE7 + IE7 Hotfixes (add this after the IE7 in the line)

-any other page, nlite takes care of the proper sequence, you just select the pages and click next.

then when nlite is done:

-Slipstream Boooggy WMP11 (as per app instructions to use last)

or any other kind of 3rd party integration EXCEPT hotfix packs, that has to be first because now addons and hotfixes already overwritten the possibly obsolete hotfix pack

So I repeat do all you can with only nlite and run nlite only once, that's the safest way. If you want to redo your cd with something new added just recopy clean files again, load your preset, do the change and you're done in a second, no need to reselect all manually.