HTML Help me

I'm currently working on a site and have the following scenerio:

I have a header and footer on each webpage (about 10 pages total, but I tend to add/remove them from time to time with site updates)

The header contains a logo graphic and navigation links to the other pages. The footer just contains navigation links to the other pages and some copyright information.

When I add/remove a page, I have to edit the header and footer of each individual page since the headers & footers need to look the same on each page.

What I want to know is, is it possible to have an external file for the header and footer code. That way all I need to do is edit this file once, and the code gets imported to each individual page and I won't have the need to edit each page anymore.

Anyone out there that can help me with this. If it helps I develop with Macromedia Dreamweaver MX.

• 2 months later...

You can do Server side includes. The way to do is by using shtml. You can have header and footer in two separate html files. Make your index and others as .shtml and then you can embed in each page using this code

<!--#include file="header.html" -->

A simple guide to this SSL - shtml

Hope this helps,

I.am