NLITE 1.3 RC 2 Errors

Giorgio_ap

Hello, somebody can help me?

I've had 2 errors during installation and I can't find why?

- 1st message error, during the inscription of the components is "cannot find "icfgnt.dll"

- 2nd message error, after the reboot, is cannot find "%SystemRoot%\inf\nlite.inf"

My last release CD, done with Nlite 1.0 works fine. And in this new CD version, I have only implemented few hotfixs. Where is the problem?

Somebody can explain why inside nlite.inf, the nlite file is deleted.

[T]

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\nlQl",4,,"cmd.exe /c del /q /f ""%SystemRoot%\inf\nlite.inf"""

Thanks for your help.

Attached is last session.ini

040207_XP_SP3.ini

First nlite doesn't use cmd.exe in 1.3rc2 which means that you are not using clean installation files but some already modified by an older nlite. Not recommended so recopy clean CD with sp2 integrated and just load your preset to make proper ISO.

Also if some error popups again then try without these:

MSConfigCPL-FR.CAB

wmp11.exe

wu.exe

And let me know if you know that some of them are causing havoc.

Thank's Nuhi for your reply.

First poit, you are right. I use an integrated XP-SP2 version done before with the old version of nlite.

I will rebuilt a new ISO from my original XP + SP2 pack + my original presets.

I will let you know the results as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Hello Nuhi,

I've done a last test by removing "wmp11.exe" and keeping "MSConfigCPL-FR.CAB" & "wu.exe". This test was successfull. No more popup error as "icfgnt.dll" at T-14.

But now, my question is how can I integrate wmp11 and IE7 (French version) silently.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I had this exact issue as well at T-15min in the setup. When I went back and did a clean slipstream and did not include the WMP11 stuff everything worked just fine.

One odd thing: when my install was failing and I had WMP11 included the install license at the beginning of the XP install (where you have to press F8 to accept) was all messed up. It looked like the CRLF's got all messed up. I dunno if that might be an indicator of a specific problem, but maybe it'll help figure out what's going wrong with WMP11 slipstreaming.

Also, thanks for this app nuhi, it's freakin' great! :thumbup