Mess in WUD updates for Windows XP

Hi ! Maybe this topic was touched on this forum, but i didn't found it.

I'm using nLite to integrate updates downloaded via WUD. Recently I've noticed, that new updates in WUD (like KB9929969) are in group `Internet Explorer 6.0`. After my visit on M$ website I was surprised that KB9929969 is for IE7 too !

Another mess: In Critical Updates there are many updates for IE6; after them there is IE7 installer. I think that updates for IE6 are not necessary after IE7 integration, am I wrong?

I'm using Windows XP x86 ENU.

Greetings

Hi,

I introduced the category 'Internet Explorer 6.0' for people

who don't want IE7 as the baseline of the UL.

I'm using nLite to integrate updates downloaded via WUD. Recently I've noticed, that new updates in WUD (like KB9929969) are in group `Internet Explorer 6.0`. After my visit on M$ website I was surprised that KB9929969 is for IE7 too !
I think you're referring to KB929969,

and yes this one is in the IE7 baseline (id="KB929969.IE7"),

but also in the IE6 category (id="KB929969")

Another mess: In Critical Updates there are many updates for IE6; after them there is IE7 installer. I think that updates for IE6 are not necessary after IE7 integration, am I wrong?

I think you're wrong, can you at least name one?

So we shouldn't integrate IE6 patches to installation with integrated IE7, because then we have older versions of some files...

My personal demand: please make it clear: if somebody want fully patched XP with IE7 (like me, XP is the best version of Windows), allow him to make it clear and stable :)

Validate all of the patches.

Thanks for your work !!!