help modify WISE installers needed

mus1k

hello

i have an installer, WISE, and i want 2 replace few files inside of it, i manage 2 access inside the file with Total Command and InstallExplorer 0.9.1 plugin

by renaming the file from .exe for .msi, i can see everything well inside but that plugin can only view and copy the content, im looking for something that can replace files, any help is appriciated, tnx in advance!

Could you say the name of the software product you have there?

The question is, is it a packed MSI or only the usual setup.exe stuff. If it's the second, you probably only have the options to repack or use a script to replace the files after the installation.

if you have an exe or an msi from wise you can download a trial of wise for windows installer and open the installer with it. im almost sure that you can open a wise exe file. for msi there is no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is a roundabout way of doing it, but here's the way I replace files without getting too deep into this kind of thing...

1. make a silent installer.

2. make a .sfx file to overwrite the two files with the new ones in the installed folder. I use %programfiles% instead of C:\Program Files so that they will make it to the right place no matter what drive letter Windows is installed on.

3. write a .bat to run the silent installer with the /wait command, then run the the sfx to replace the files.

4. combine all these into one sfx and call the .bat file.

Like I said, it isn't the cleanest way of doing things, but it gets the job done!