About unattended XP and System recovery option

Hi, guys! :)

I made lots of unattended XP CDs, applying various unattend modes (defaulthide, guiattended, providedefaults, ...) but in all of these versions, Windows - after it "cheks for previous Windows installations" on my hdd - DON'T SEE any (existant) previous installation! So, it don't ask me to press "R" to recover the system, an so on.

How can i do to make a Windows XP unattended CD (i.e. with "providedefaults" option) that IS ABLE to see and recover any previous Windows XP installation?

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance! :)

You just have to delete "winnt.sif" from the I386 folder of your CD (or not include it in the first place).

Of course, if you do that, all things unattended are gone, so that CD behaves just like a standard retail CD.

IIRC, there is no way to call the recovery option from a CD with winnt.sif on it.

This topic has been covered numerous times. I understand that you just registered on the forums. But a piece of advice.

Use the SEARCH function before posting a question. Chances are, if you ran into a problem, others have also ran into the same problem.