In a multiboot dvd, witch txtsetup.sif counts?

gugutz

I made my multiboot dvd following flyakite´s guide.

So i have a PRO2 folder, that is my unattended setup for WinXP SP2.

I´ve been nLiting my setup sources, and when i remove components i get many copy errors during setup. So only now i figured it might be that the setup is reading the list of files to copy from txtsetup.sif in PRO2 folder, witch is a original unmodified file from a clean source.

But i though that this txtsetup.sif was only to indicate the source from where the setup should copy the files. But the list is made from this file, and not from the one in the source.

So everytime i modify a source, i have to copy over txtsetup.sif from the source to PRO2, and change the [setupSourceFiles] line?

Isn´t there another solution, like getting the setup to use directly the txtsetup.sif from the source folder?

It is not neccesary to create your bootfolders after slipstreaming.... However be sure you copy your txtsetup.sif everytime you updated i386 to your bootfolders... Don't forget to modify [txtsetup] SetupSourcePath.

It is not neccesary to create your bootfolders after slipstreaming....

It is if you add or take way anything that could effect text mode setup!

Which may include slipstreaming, addons, driverpacks, using nlite etc.

Personally speaking, I prefer to create everything from scratch, that way it's easier to track bugs.

-kof94

Well maybe because Nlite tends to erase about all components in your XPcd. But with RyanVM integrator I dont have to recreate the bootfolders everytime I just copy the txtsetup.sif's and everything works well... month after month updatepack after updatepack.

HJW

Actually, your right about addons. nLite and the MassStorage DriverPack (when it works) would cause you to recreate your boot folder.

I think this just comes down to what you add/remove from your setup.

-kof94