Bug after installation with vLite

Eddie1506

I installed Vista several times for testing purposes, with or without vLite. Every time I install it with vLite, I cannot change user and group settings in Computer Management. I cannot change what groups user belongs to or what users are members of a certain group. When I type in the name of the group/user, it cannot be found, just like it doesn't exist.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, but not all the time. In the "Select users or Groups" all of the users and some groups aren't appearing (where the "In folder" is not empty) I didn't find which component or tweak is causing the problem.

post-128071-1172213391_thumb.jpg

I've had the exact same problem, but unfortunately didn't record the settings that produced the bad install. I rebuilt with less removed and was able to product a 870MB ISO that works great. I'd be happy to experiment with options to see which one is the culprit, but don't want to spend the time if the cause has already been identified.

Also, I couldn't find any guide that explains the best way to report and identify bugs. Like should the <settings>.ini file be included with a problem description?

As a software developer myself, I'd like to save the author of vLite time if at all possible. Thanks for your very useful work.

After at least 10 vLite 0.9 runs and installs, I finally narrowed it down to the Windows Mail option. If this is removed, you can't create accounts without errors, or add accounts to groups, or add accounts to folder permissions. Below is my options file that seems to create a perfect Vista install (ISO is 706MB). If I remove Windows Mail in addition, then it has the account problems.

[information]

Version = 0.9 beta on 2.0.50727.42 Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

Target = Windows Vista BUSINESS 32bit 6.0.6000.16386

[Components]

;# Drivers #

Display adapters

Modems

Printers

Scanners

Sound controllers

;# Games #

Inbox Games