A movie with a $100 computer

apr911

In light of the recent announcement that the $100 laptop may sell to the general public, I wanted to go and watch a movie i saw a few years back. I unfortunately cant remember the title of this movie so i figured i would ask here to see if anyone is familiar with it and can give me a title.

In the movie, this guy gets to head up an engineering team. When he first took the job, he thought it was to head up the Ironman (i think it was iron man) design team, but when he gets to the engineering firms campus, he finds out he is to head up the one engineering project that no one will touch. The $100 computer, affectionately known as the cheapy box. No one thinks its possible, but the guy prevails and is ready to market the cheapy box when the head of the iron man project steals it and tries to market it himself. The guy realizing whats going on scrambles and designs a new cheaper computer with holographic images and shows up the iron man head at a directors meeting by showing off his new design.

Anyone know what this movie is called?

My description of what happens may not be perfectly accurate but it is what i recollect.

I just happened upon this board because I was looking for help with my missing cryptui.dll and google sent me to these forums. Instead of finding the help I wanted, I find myself actually being able to help someone else (which I had to go through registration to do), bah-humbug.

Anyway, the movie you're thinking of is:

The First $20 Million Is Always the Hardest

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280674/

I saw it on HBO a few years ago and thought it was fairly good