Pre-configure the desktop

A problem that has long vexed me is setting up a customized desktop icon arrangement for different users automatically after an unattended clean install.

There doesn't appear to be anyway to restore a desktop icon layout from the registry and although there are plenty of programs that save a desktop icon layout most are fairly large. I recenly found one small enough to fit the bill. Details and download from

here. Run the 64kb executable with the -r switch along with the >2kb ini and text files and you're up and running. The program can save for multiple users also.

A problem that has long vexed me is setting up a customized desktop icon arrangement for different users automatically after an unattended clean install.

There doesn't appear to be anyway to restore a desktop icon layout from the registry and although there are plenty of programs that save a desktop icon layout most are fairly large. I recenly found one small enough to fit the bill. Details and download from <a href="http://henrik.atspace.com/Downloads.html" target="_blank">

here</a>. Run the 64kb executable with the -r switch along with the >2kb ini and text files and you're up and running. The program can save for multiple users also.

Nice find