Fix the Regestry for Outlook

darph

Hi

i´ve got the problem that i will fix the regestry for my outlook with the installation.

I mean i will add some special keys like the signature, the folder were outlook save the mails, and some other details. But i don´t find the keys that i have to edit.

Can anybody help me to fix that problem

THX for the support

darph

i will look if this work but the problem is that a new user should login and start outlook and his settigs should in outlook. So that he can work on several pcs and have just to start a file were edit his settings on this pc.

The .pst, "Personal Storage", file only contaings the mail and calender, etc. I have added a few options into the default account I see no point (for me) in adding more info, such as mailserver username, password, etc, as the installation then becomes specific for one user, and not generic. I would just "image" the system as I like it, and restore instead of re-instaling. But I digress: You will find most any Outlook (not Outlook Express, a completly different, and security hole ridden product) info you need at www.slipstick.com, including importing and exporting settings. I believe the best place for these settings are in fact in the Office Installation, which can be silent and customized.

thx for your help

i know that i can give outlook some information with the setup, but i will edit the settings for outlook for each user who use this pc so that the first use from a foreign user he will start a file and that file should edit outlook for the users setting and when the user go to an other pc he should start this file again and on this pc are the same settings like on the other pc. But i don´t know how to solf the problem

i have an Exchange server with the user acounts but don´t know how to say outlook that it should take the settings from the user from the server or that outlook should use this server as main server. Now i have to do for each user the same setting like where is the home drive and what sig he has... and that should do the file automatic.

I hope you understand what i mean

so long

darph

Sorry, I do have a little trouble with the language. Du kannst mir ein PM auf deutsch schicken wenn du wilst. (Ob wohl ich werde auf Englische antworten). If you are using an exchange server, you are already in a networked environment I assume, and not just using exchange as a POP server. In this case you are MUCH better of using Active Directory and Roaming Profiles. A user can then log onto any PC in the Domain, using a single profile, as opposed to a profile on each PC. Reduces maintenance time considerably, and centrally locates all users settings to a predefined location. Additionally, using Exchange Server the only user data needed in the profile is User Name (one and the same with Active Directory) and exchange server name. Not sure if that helps ...