IBM T60 NIC with WINPE & RIS

I'm trying to get an IBM T60 to boot into a WINPE environment from RIS but it seems to be having a problem with the NIC.

The NIC in question is an Intel PRO/1000 PL and it appears to use the e1e5132.sys driver. I have downloaded the driver packs and put them into the I386 directory for WINPE (under the RIS path) and I have also used the .inf files that are recommended.

Problem is it gets past the initial WINPE load screen (line along bottom of screen) and then errors out with the following message:

File e1e5132.sys caused an unexpected error (21) at line 3788 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\setup.c

Press any key to continue

As far as I can tell from other posts here it has something to do with txtsetup.sif but that's really just a guess and I don't know how to resolve it.

Any suggestions greatfully received.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by steve_newby

• 10 months later...

I just got this error today on an HP dc7800 whose driver utilizes Intel PROset 12.1 on an integrated gigabit controller.

I've never seen this error before. If you resolved the problem and remember what you did (almost a year ago now) I'd appreciate any feedback you might have. Thanks.