Help and support doesn’t open

Faithy

Hi everyone

When I click “Help and support” it doesn’t open windows help.

It says:

“Internet Explorer cannot download / from help.

Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.”

Plz help me

Happy New Year

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I believe this is a built in feature of windows installation since initial release of XP. If at the time of installation the internet was available it would behave like this. If it was not connected it would retrieve the help files from the hdd. I found out the hard way when I had to reinstall afresh on several occasions.

I guess the trend continues.

why don't u try once being connected into the internet.

i also guess the same as gunsmoking guessed..

it may be the vlited edition...

It need not be vLited. Also it may not always be possible to connect to the internet.

One of my friend's office has 6 pcs in an accounting network, totally isolated from the outside world. These are located in a separate room. No floppies nor CDs are allowed in that room except for the accounting package updates/upgrades. No internet either.

How do you work in this situation? You don't get printed users' manuals any more!

One would have to bring in the hardware & build the systems on site.

Edited by pmshah

One of my friend's office has 6 pcs in an accounting network, totally isolated from the outside world. These are located in a separate room. No floppies nor CDs are allowed in that room except for the accounting package updates/upgrades. No internet either.

thats the situation.. what to do with the them and their needs.

.. and to my knowledge.. they aren't also allowded to R & D the operation system

so is it worthy to those situation over here..

specially installing OS or automating the OS or troubleshooting..

Accourding to ur situation, troubleshooting is done in ur fren office is done either by third person or by one of them but they will certainly have to bypass those limitation.

PS. Please don't double post..

instead edit the previos one..

:)

Edited by Nepali