Boot Drive in Drive (H:) instead of (C:) issue

Hi all!

I discovered that upon installing Win XP MCE 2005 on my newly built HTPC, the assigned Drive letter for the Boot or System Drive is (H:) instead of (C:).

I know that I shouldn't temper with the registry in order to change the Drive letter of a boot drive. This means that I probably have to reformat the HD and reinstall XP.

The reason why this happened is that while the initial install, I had a USB Flash disk plugged in. Don't laugh: Because I didn't had a Floppy Drive at hand, I was trying to upload with a flash Disk the Intel RAID driver/controller that XP needed to recognize my SATA RAID HDs!!! ...And of course that didn't worked :whistle: The resulting effect is that (C:), (D:), (E:) and (F:) where assigned to Removable Media Drives. Drive (G:) was assigned to the Optical DVD Drive.

QUESTION:

How should I proceed to reformat and reinstall XP MCE with the correct assigned Drive Letters while making sure the system isn't going to repeat the wrong current letter assignment?

What's the appropriate way to reformat an active boot Drive? Should I un-RAID it and re-RAID it?

Many thanks to who can help.

Edited by postal64