Property Sheet 'Summary' Tab

Quisquose

Does anyone know how I can get the standard property sheet "Summary" tab (and tooltip) to work on .url Internet Shortcut files?

I can understand why Microsoft would add a shell extension for the Web Document tab (for access to the 'Make document available offline' checkbox and to edit URL path) but what's the point of removing the Summary tab that is present on nearly every other file type?

I use Metadata a LOT, and it would be so much more useful to be able to add notes (Subject, Keywords, Comments etc) to an internet shortcut (and have those pop up in a tooltip) rather than being forced to guess what kind of web site it is from some cryptic url.

I have tried all the obvious methods; such as adding the shell extensions under HKCR\* to .url, doing reg searches on all the GUIDs that have any asscoiation with the .url or internet shortcut keys in the Registry and removing them one by one to see what was making .url a special case, but none of it this has worked.

The only thing that I have managed to do is to make the Web Document property sheet disappear, but even that did not result in the restoration of the Summary tab.

I'm sure there must be a way to do this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help from the Registry gurus out there.