Unattended Setup Tester Program?

Could somoeone possibly make an Unattended XP CD tester? Something that checks the WINNT.SIF for errors and mising files, and checks batch files to see if everything exists?

Could be useful for avoiding having to go through a Virtual PC installation only to find you got 1 line wrong, then fixing the line and testing again :)

Of course, another program suggestion could be one that can check exes in a directory (and subdirectories) and generate a batch file for silent installations based on the installer :rolleyes:

LOL, I'm sure it's possible.

Make a program that goes through WINNT.SIF checking all the entries are valid by checking them against a list, then it checks the GuiRunOnce group for batch files.

Then make it check these batch files checking that all pathnames are valid, replacing %systemdrive% with (root of XPCD directory)\$oem$\$1 and replacing %systemroot% with (root of XPCD directory)\$oem$\$$ etc.

The other program could check the properties of exes in a directory, and see if any match the characteristics of known installers, then write a line to a batch file based on the installer used, and write nothing if a file matches no known installer (but give a report on what was not added at the end).

I'd do it myself, but we've only just started learning VB in school, and we're just got past command buttons and basic math :)