applications don't close

colemancb

I'm having a few problems. Running XP Pro SP2, all updated and everything. I've noticed that some applications won't close. For example, NeroVision, when I close it, I get an error report and then another one from Dr Watson. NeroVision stays open in the task manager, and I first have to close one of the two instances of Dr Watson (usually the one taking up less memory) before NeroVision will close (if I try to kill it manually it simply does not do anything). Another one I just found today is iTunes when I tried to install the Multi-Plugin. The Plugin would kill iTunes every time I tried to start it, but again, Dr Watson came up with an error report as well, and I had to close Dr Watson (less memory) to be able to close iTunes. Also, the installer for MultiPlugin will not close. At all. Even if Dr Watson is gone. The only reason I don't think this is app-specific is because of Dr Watson f***ing up on both apps. Is there any way to just disable the Dr, or is something else wrong?

The only reason I don't think this is app-specific is because of Dr Watson f***ing up on both apps. Is there any way to just disable the Dr, or is something else wrong?

First things first - Dr Watson is a just-in-time (JIT) debugger, meaning it gets called when an application has encountered a second-chance exception it did not handle. If your applications weren't crashing, it's likely you would never see Dr Watson - so to get to the root cause, track down the source of the application crashes when closing them, don't shoot the messenger (Dr Watson) - that will solve nothing.