How to get addin toolbars?

richsmith

I have just installed Office 2007 (upgrade). I also have Adobe Acrobat 3D installed. In my older version of Office (2003) I had a nice little toolbar for Acrobat publishing available to me.

Now in 2007 i cannot find any Acrobat toolbar or icons. I have checked the addins and it states that Acrobat is an active installed addin. So how can I get the toolbar to appear? Maybe it should already be available to me but I'm damned if I can find it!

I also have tried "save-as" but there is no option for PDF available to me either?

I have exactly the same issue with the Google addin aswell.

How can I enable these things so i can see toolbars??

What am i missing here?

That's not true. You don't have to reinstall Acrobat. Go to Word Options. Click on Add-ins.

Where you see Manage, choose COM Add-ins. Click on Go. Check the ones you want added in.

As an alternative, download the SaveAsPDF add-on for Office 2007 and you'll have PDF capability without Acrobat.

I've compared PDF rendering by Office Add-in and Acrobat and both were very close. Acrobat is a bit better in my opinion but the difference is hardly noticeable.

spacesurfer, I agree with your solution that it "should" work. I have previously tried this but the bizzaar thing is that it shows both the addins present in the COMM-Addins dialog but the entire Addin Toolbar just does not appear?!! Attached is a pic for clarification.

I've also re-installed Acrobat and done all the usual work arounds in that regard.

Help!!

post-118450-1167437591_thumb.jpg

Edited by richsmith

• 2 weeks later...

I just learned from Adobe's site that Acrobat 7 versions will not be compatible with Office 2007 and they have no plans to update it for Office 2007.

They are working on an update for Acrobat 8. They will release a free update.

With Acrobat 7, you have no toolbar icons to convert documents to pdf, but, the Adobe PDF printer works. That's the only way to make pdf's.