Unattended Install

All

I am trying to build a Vista Ultimate toshiba tecra m5 laptop using the DVD

and Autounattend.xml with no success. Wether i try a USB stick or USB floppy

it does not seem to even try and look for it when setup is run booting from

DVD. I have tried calling it autounattend.xml, AutoUnattend.xml and

unattend.xml with no success . Please Please can someone shed some light.

PS. I have changed BIOS settings for USB device and will boot from a normal

boot floppy.

Adrian

Weird, it should work.

It doesn't need to boot from the floppy or USB it just needs to be able to see it and read from it

From memory Windows setup looks for a file moments before it opens the setup Window.

It should be AutoUnattend.xml (I don't think casing matters)

Does the Windows setup take anything from the AutoUnattend into account or does it do the full blown setup asking everything? Or is it not possible to tell? My AutoUnattend for example doesn't include the HDD setup but includes everything else so I reach the HDD prompt but aftwards it goes away on its own :)

Hi,

Not sure which build of WAIK I used sorry, it came with the beta version of BDD 2007 which I installed on a removable drive (that has subsequently been wiped) I have the RTM of WAIK installed now but haven't used it

The Vista version I used was Release Candidate 2 for Vista Enterprise and Vista Business as well as Enterprise RTM. The same XML file worked for all

Does the Windows setup take anything from the AutoUnattend into account or does it do the full blown setup asking everything? Or is it not possible to tell? My AutoUnattend for example doesn't include the HDD setup but includes everything else so I reach the HDD prompt but aftwards it goes away on its own :)

The easiest way to test if setup has read your AutoUnattend.xml is to put the product key in (using WSIM of course). The product key is one of the first things setup asks you. If it doesn't ask you, then you know setup is using your AutoUnattend.xml.