Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) - Install During Unattended?

_jd_

I'm still banging my head against this one. So far, i've been trying to embed IE7 into my unattended installs via SVCPACK.INF. Post-unattended, IE7 is installed but for each new user that logs into the system there is a "Personalized Settings" process that executes to configure things like Outlook Express, Address Book, Themes, etc. This process appears to be overwriting customizations that I had made to the "Default User" profile during the unattended install (registry keys/values written to HKCU during Cmdlines.txt).

The end result is that when a new user logs in their account is mis-configured. Sure, they have IE7 installed, but some critical customizations are missing, including theme settings, some browser settings, some Windows Internet Settings, etc. I could add some user-based RunOnce stuff, but there's no guarantee that an admin user will be the first to login... and I really don't want to get into automatic logins as the Administrator.

Any thoughts on how I can disable the "Personlized Settings" process for each new user? I had looked at integrating IE7 with the unattended source but there's no /integrate switch.

From what i'm seeing, IE7 is really geared for installation on home desktops or as a post-installation task on corporate desktops.

• 1 month later...