Question How To Read Hidden Text In Word/Outlook/etc?

FST2006

Hello,

I read something about this a while ago and wanted to know how it can be done. I think its called both "hidden text" and "invisible electronic ink".

From what I read, its with programs like microsoft word, outlook and others. What happens is, say you write a letter in word and then before you are ready to send it, you decide to delete all the text and re-write the whole letter all over again but not saying the same thing. Then once you send the document, if the person reading it knew how to show the hidden text or deleted text would be able to re-read what you really wanted to say.

(Hope that was not too confusing)

If it was, maybe checkout this link, there was a lawsuit because of this:

http://news.com.com/2100-7344_3-5170073.html

Please, if someone could try and figure this out. I would truly appreciate your time and efforts.

Jay S

PS: I tried asking this question in another forum on this board but no one answered and I think its because it was in the wrong area. So please dont think I'm trying to double post.

In order for this to work, at least as in the example cited in the link provided, the "Track Changes" option needs to be turned on in MS Word. What this feature does is allow the author to document any and all changes made to a document and review them prior to accepting the chages. If this feature is remains active, then anyone viewing the file (wether it be the original author or a recipient of the document) can also view any changes made during the revision process.

Track Changes can be found under the tools menu in MS Word. I'm not sure if there is a way to view the revisions in a file that has not had "Track Changes" enabled...?