Missing HD in Vista

SpyCatcher

Hello y'all,

Just installed Vista for the first time I have several questions I can not figure out and need expert assistance.

2 WD hard drives - raptor and standard

Disk Management:

shows an 11 gig unallocated space that appears to be a partition on the C drive - is this requried?, should vista be reinstalled?

The second WD hard drive does not show in Vista, the bios does detect the HD - how do I fix this?

Sincerely,

SpyCatcher

"11 gig unallocated space"

Personally, i'd use the disk management feature in Vista to resize the partition to encompass the 11 GB. With Vista you can re-size partitions.

"The second WD hard drive does not show in Vista"

This is an IDE drive...right? If so, partition the drive from drive management then format it,,,,that is if there isn't anything on it you need. Sometimes Vista is really picky and will not show a drive in explorer if its not partitioned - it should show in drive management. If it doesn't show in drive management, then you will need to partition it with a utility or something on boot.

Hello y'all,

Just installed Vista for the first time I have several questions I can not figure out and need expert assistance.

2 WD hard drives - raptor and standard

Disk Management:

shows an 11 gig unallocated space that appears to be a partition on the C drive - is this requried?, should vista be reinstalled?

The second WD hard drive does not show in Vista, the bios does detect the HD - how do I fix this?

Sincerely,

SpyCatcher

Thank you Spooky:

I fixed the unallocated 11 gig space by re-sizing the drive this took about 20 seconds to fix.

Vista is installed on the raptor which is the "C" drive, the other is a WG 120 EIDE drive which is not showing up in vista... who would have guessed.

Sincerely,

CS

:no:

Edited by SpyCatcher