Matrox g200 dual monitor in vista (kind of)

Sesshoumaru

To make things as short as posible, this is my situation:

i have a pci card (matrox millenium g200 dual monitor) that i use in windows XP to power 2 psone lcds that are plaed in my custom made case.

I added an eeprom to them, and now i dont need to run powerstrip to have them recogniced and properly configured, but they only work that way with my matrox card, an ati radeon 7000 and an nvidia gf5500fx (thats more or less broken) refuce to see (the ati card) or accept the config on the eeprom (the nvidia card).

The thing is, thatin WINDOWS XP, with the drivers that come with it, i can chose the (suposedly) not suported resolution of " 640x480@30Hz interlaced" thats stored on the eeprom. If i install matrox drivers, i CANT, its not there :(

Now, on vista, there are no default drivers. The ones downloaded from WU are from matrox, they even bring matrox CP (or whatever its called), and i cant selectthe correct resolution once more. I took XPs default drivers for my VGA, but vista refuces to load them and it tells me my device cannot start because it couldnt load its drivers.

The same thing happens if i chose to instal the " default vga adapter" drivers.

so, any idea how to mod drivers to accept this resolution,o r how to make vista start my matrox card with XP drivers, or vista default vga adapter drivers ?

if not, ill be sad :(

• 2 weeks later...