File Highlighting Delay And Mouse Move Delay Problem

esecallum

can you help me solve this windows me problem?

you know when you highlight files to move ,cut ,copy them and you move the mouse or curser away and they stay highlighted and if you move the mouse over the files they still stay highlighted as long as the mouse is moving and even after the mouse/curser stops moving they will stay highligted for about 0.5 second before the highlighting disappears...

in my case the highlighting disappears instantly if i move the curser over highlighted files....this is very annoying as it means i cant move the curser/mouse over the highlighted files as the highlighting disappears instantly.....

is there a fix for this?

a value in the registry which would fix this?

I checked the registry and no obvious mention about this...i checked google oo....

this problem only occured after i re-installed windows me over it self....

there must be a registry setting to change the mouse hover delay from zero back to 0.5 seconds..

thanks.

Edited by esecallum

you know when you highlight files to move ,cut ,copy them and you move the mouse or curser away and they stay highlighted and if you move the mouse over the files they still stay highlighted as long as the mouse is moving and even after the mouse/curser stops moving they will stay highligted for about 0.5 second before the highlighting disappears...
No, they're supposed to stay highlighted permanently until you click somewhere else.

No, they're supposed to stay highlighted permanently until you click somewhere else.

yes...you are correct but if i move the mouse over the highlighted files WITHOUT CLICKING the highlighting dissapears...

by the way i am impressed by your large disc support work....which reminds me to say if its possible to solve windows 98/me memory problem....as you may know win98/me can only address 32 mb of memory for the system this memory is allocated to buttons,icons,frames,etc...this is REGARDLESS of how much physical ram is installed...and for this reason if you have too many windows open or programs running you will get the message that "there is not enough memory to run a program close some programs and try again" message.. ..

supposedly ths problem doesnot occue in win2k/winxp.

but the question is can this memory problem be patched or fixed?

yes...you are correct but if i move the mouse over the highlighted files WITHOUT CLICKING the highlighting dissapears...
I suggest you backup your data and reinstall. There isn't any explanation I can come up with for this, besides something becoming very corrupted.
as you may know win98/me can only address 32 mb of memory for the system this memory is allocated to buttons,icons,frames,etc...this is REGARDLESS of how much physical ram is installed...and for this reason if you have too many windows open or programs running you will get the message that "there is not enough memory to run a program close some programs and try again" message.. ..
I am not aware of any 32MB limit.