Office 2K

marleneb

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction??

After an absense of over 2 years (unemployed) I am back on the the net. My problem began when a friend of a friend offered to "tune up" my lap top. I guess the tune up was okay except I could no longer acquire updates for Office 2000 nor could I repair/restore any MS applications. MY Office 2000 Premium installation CD, SP1 and 2 CD for Office stopped working as well; nor could I find the friend of a friend.

Terrified of attempting a reinstall and having it fail.

After months of trying and failing many fixes, guesses, and cleanings, and hi-jack forums, I have found you and one other thing... when this "friend of a friend" tuned up my lap top they used XP. I had forgotton about an old program ConfigSafe that I had installed when I acquired this laptop. I finally decided that I had to restore an older configuration - prior to 2004 and while searching found these three XP specific programs:

• WGADiagz.exe
  • LegitCheck.hta
  • Trsetup.exe

These were not on MY list of installed programs/applications and they did not show up on any searches or in RegEdit.

By the way - the restoration did not fix the problem with updates and installation CD's.

Though I have been working for the the last 4 months, I still cannot afford to contact Microsoft; and upgrading is out of the question for at least another year.

Does anyone know of a toll free number that I can call to get some help?

I have run Windows 98 and Office 2000 since 1999. (Love them - took 3 years to get all the bugs out - totally stable until now)

Thank You,

marleneb - in a fog

i'm a user not a coder :wub:

Edited by marleneb