HELP - After booting windows he just wont format and install

Jhonyb

Hello

I just customized my windows XP, i put my computer to boot from cd everything fine, i put disk for raid drivers i press continue and when i select the Harddrive to install, windows tells me it isnt a valid partition and takes me back to the selecting screen. I cant format the HDD to install windows, he asks me to delete partition but i dont want that.

Can u pls provide some experience? did i removed anything i shouldnt from XP with nlite?

help pls

hey once again

The delete partition using windows disk went horribly wrong.... i pressed D and deleted then created a new one, still when i press enter to progress to the installation of windows XP it says "Its not a WINDOWS XP compatible partition" and takes me back to the screen to select a partition to delete, i tried all options and nothing worked, i tried other copies of windows XP and doesnt work... i just cant seem to install XP on that C:, this never ahppened before, i just cant delete D: so i would like someone to help me im rly desperate here .|

ty in advance

PS: It says this:

To install windows XP on the partition you selected, Setup must write some start startup files to the following disk:

28616 MB Disk 0 Id 0 on bus 0 atapi [MBR]

However, this disk does not contain a Windows XP-compatible partition.

To continue installation Windows XP, return to the partition selection screen and create a windows XP- compatible partition on the disk above. If there is no free space on the disk, delete an existing partition, and then create a new one.

Edited by Jhonyb

Whenever I have ran into this error in the past, I just popped in a bootable floppy and ran the FDISK utility.

Choose delete the partition, then try the XP cd again.

Hope this helps.

Well i just did that doesnt work, i just went to the recovery console formated c: NTFS doesnt work, i just made c: an active disk with FDISK doesnt work... i did everything i could find browsing the web.

I have 2 HDD in RAID 0, i just cant break the raid, i need the stuff in D: :|

pls pls pls pls pls help a desperate man pls pls pls pls pls /beg

Whenever I have ran into this error in the past, I just popped in a bootable floppy and ran the FDISK utility.

Hope this helps.

Well i just did that doesnt work, i just went to the recovery console formated c: NTFS doesnt work, i just made c: an active disk with FDISK doesnt work... i did everything i could find browsing the web.

Hope this helps.

The Classic "home user has to have RAID because it's cool."

RAID is cool - until something goes wrong. As you've discovered, when things go "splat", none of your normal "fix it" tools work.

IMHO, for the average home user RAID is a big mistake. Just marketing hyperbole. I'm currently bashing my head against computer with a single drive, single partition RAID setup - IE a totally useless one. It's problem - massive viruses and no backups.

Perhaps try a BartPE disk, loading your RAID drivers from floppy at the "Press F6" prompt. That will let you get access to your "must save" data, and move it off to another, standard drive.