Network passwords losing after reboot?!

trodas

I use a local network based on one router and two 8 port switches, total 10 computers connected. Recently after some useless experiments with WinXP on my main machine I get back to Win2k SP2 and each time I access another network machine drive it ask me for a password! :angry:

After typing it in, it get remembered, tough - but only until next reboot...!

Could anyone tell me, witch services/settings/dll's could affect that, please? I run a HIGHLY optimized these XP machines services, but the Win2k SP2 machin machine has not yet get optimized services or anything....

Please help :hello:

Edited by trodas

Looks like using batch file with:

net use \\server\D /user:trodas xxx
...do the trick, but what I can use in case the machine has just empty pass? I tried:
net use \\duron\D /user:ivanka

...but it just asked me to specify a pass... :rolleyes: Any help with this one, or perhaps an explaination why I seems to remember these logins was saved in SP3? :rolleyes::hello: ¨

Other than that, the batch file is kinda easy. I just added it up into the "Run at start" Startup menu folder and with details set in the icon to run as minimized and as workaround it seems to be pretty easy to do and working well :P

But I seems to remember that my Win2k SP3 remembered passwords to other computers - oh, wait, we might used just logins with empty passwords at the time?

But clearly ti remember that - maybe I used account trodas and same trodas accounts are on network drivers? Nah, my bro and sis machines has not trodas logins, or perhaps we create them? :huh:

I don't remember now.

Oh, the solution for empty pass was kind of simple:

net use \\duron\D /user:ivanka ""

:lol::D:thumbup:

Still, can't W2k really remember these infos? And even SP3? And if SP3 do, what about a borrow the dll file(s) responsible from them and use them? After all, my server run Win2kSP3 and it DOES remember these login stuff, even on the request are not the XP-like remember check... ;) ... :hello:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how to set it to stick? I got this recommended:

try net use xxxxx /persistent:yes as see if that saves it in there for you
But doing it this way not work:
net use \\server\D /user:trodas xxx /persistent:yes

:blink::blink::blink:

It just say that I got error (NET HELPMSG 3710) when opening the help file - true, deleted all *.hlp already :)

When I just type "net use" it telling me, that new connections will be remembered, but that is what I trying to accomplish...

The batch file is amazing, however have it's limits. When the machine in question won't run at the time the batch is executed, no login:pass is remembered... :o