HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities

When I do the unattended install under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities xp puts in a new identity, what i was hoping to do is force my current identity as the main & default so when I open OE all my prefrences and storage folders are set

Windows creates the identities allways new with a new installation. So what you need to do the wohle OE job unattended is a little more complicated:

1. You need to save all your settings from the old running systems. Means backing up the Data from

Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{Identity No}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

And the Reg-Keys

HCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Account Manager\Account

and

HCU\Software\Identities\{Identityno}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\

2. At the end of unattended installation run a script, which is figuring out the name of the Folder {Identity No} and use this name to Replace the {Identityno} part in the exported regfiles.

3. Now you can import the reg-files and your e-mail backup (still done by the script)

If you've several user on your computer you need to do that for all Users.

I don't use OE so I don't have such a script here to post. Could be that there is some software around doing the whole job.

Martin

Thanks FireGeier and Ctrl-X for the replies

FireGeier not good with the scripts thats still to advanced for me, but your answer gave me an idea that I had not thought of before and not sure why, I'll try a cmd to delete the entire key and then import mine. If it works fantastic if not well you know. As I figure out how to write the scripts I'll try that. Thanks again guys