Creating predefined Default User profile (or a some of it)

Hi,

this is my first post here and boy must i say a rather tricky one, too.

I've been studying and using RIS now for few weeks and as well as it behaves, there is something very important that must solved before this can be implemented throughly.

Default user profile... that's the thing. What options do i have to set predefined Default user profile? I tried to create "$OEM$\$1\Documents and Settings\Default User" folder structure to my image and copy preconfigured NTUSER.DAT to there, but that didn't seem to work.

Then i tried to create .reg files and import them into registry using batch file launched by [GuiRunOnce]. The .reg file below is what i've been trying to use to disable Windows Tour Balloon for all users. I understand that if this registry key is imported to registry before anyone has logged into console, it should be merged to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\... when, let's say', Administrator initially logs in.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Tour]
"RunCount"=dword:00000000

Even though this is added to registry, when i log in with a new user account i can see that this RunCount is not 0, but for e.g. 2. So the registry information imported above doesn't seem to be merged to new profiles created.

Another thing i've been trying to implement is to enable ClearType for all users.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]

"FontSmoothing"="2"
"FontSmoothingOrientation"=dword:00000001
"FontSmoothingType"=dword:00000002

This enables ClearType when no one is logged into the system, in e.g. when i have Windows Login GUI in front of me. When i log in using a new user account i have no ClearType enabled in my Desktop.

Can someone point me the important stuff i may be missing here?

This method has been proven to work!

One thing still puzzles me though, how am i supposed to make global modifications in registry to all users for applications that get installed after this cmdlines.txt phase?

Let's say i want to disable ATI Control Center from asking stupid wizard questions, and now since this application gets installed after the HKEY_CURRENT_USER tweaks made by cmdlines.txt, how do i have a chance to distribute these modifications to all current and all to-be-created profiles?