Desktop and Firewall

Hello All

Ive set a GP up so everyones desktop is the same i.e. company logo. If enable the setting to disable desktop which stops users from saving to the desktop - the logo disappears - am i doing something wrong?

I have setup a firewall policy using a GPO. If i try to remotely shutdown a PC it doesnt due to the firewall. I realised it uses port 139 TCP so wondering do i set this up manually (using the define port exceptions policy) or does this come under any of the ICMP exceptions list?

Thanks

Ive set a GP up so everyones desktop is the same i.e. company logo. If enable the setting to disable desktop which stops users from saving to the desktop - the logo disappears - am i doing something wrong?

Not sure which setting you're referring to here, but if it's the "Disable Active Desktop" policy, you've got the wrong one. Without Active Desktop, JPG wallpapers aren't displayed any more (which is probably what's happening here). If you don't want users to be able to save their desktop settings, enable the "Don't save settings at exit" policy (in User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Desktop) instead.

I have setup a firewall policy using a GPO. If i try to remotely shutdown a PC it doesnt due to the firewall. I realised it uses port 139 TCP so wondering do i set this up manually (using the define port exceptions policy) or does this come under any of the ICMP exceptions list?

Enabling the "Allow remote administration exception" policy should do the trick.