Problem with Raid drivers

rppugh

Help please - what am I doing wrong?

I include the Intel Raid driver from Intel Matrix Storage Manager for the ICH8R chipset in an nLite build - they appear to be included.

I delete the standard SCSI/RAID component as advised; I leave OEM enabled.

When I run the resulting XP + SP2 + hotfixes + IE7 install, it flashes a message saying that its loading the iastor.sys driver when in text mode, but then when it starts copying files, it says it can't copy iastor. If I ignore and continue, I eventually get a BSOD - not surprisingly.

Any Ideas?

I include the Intel Raid driver from Intel Matrix Storage Manager for the ICH8R chipset in an nLite build - they appear to be included.

When I run the resulting XP + SP2 + hotfixes + IE7 install, it flashes a message saying that its loading the iastor.sys driver when in text mode, but then when it starts copying files, it says it can't copy iastor. If I ignore and continue, I eventually get a BSOD - not surprisingly.

Any Ideas?

There's notice that tell you do not enable $OEM$ enabled if you wish to install RAID/SCSI driver by pressing F6..

There's notice that tell you do not enable $OEM$ enabled if you wish to install RAID/SCSI driver by pressing F6..
If you have integrated any RAID/SCSI driver into your bootable CD, you may not press F6.

Otherwise Windows Setup does not find the driver files anymore.

Any Ideas?

I didn't press F6 because I was assuming that the drivers had been integrated. Any further thoughts?

If you have integrated any RAID/SCSI driver into your bootable CD, you may not press F6.

Otherwise Windows Setup does not find the driver files anymore.

I didn't press F6 because I was assuming that the drivers had been integrated. Any further thoughts?

Ok, I have the exactly same problem but with my VIA raid drivers, i already have my own version of unnattended edition (OEM actived), now I want to use it in my job's PC with a Sata Raid 0 configuration so i'm using nlite 1.2 final to integrated the drivers of my raid (i already donwloaded the last version of raid drivers), i did all the steps to integrate drivers and after format in the beginning of copy file it appears the message file not found check the cd if I skip them the installation finish but XP doesn't start. I don't know what i'm doing bad but need help, I already copied the entire files (.sys, .inf, .cat) to the I386 directory and integrate the driver with nlite too but it doesn't work neither

If someone can help i'll really appreciate it.

Motherboard MSI K8MM-V (Chipsets VIA)

CPU AMD Sempron 2800+

1GB RAM

2 SATA WD 80 GB

FGT

Ok Nuhi, I took the files from my diskett and copied to a folder in my desktop this files are VIAMRAID.inf, *.cat and *.sys incluiding the TXTSETUP.OEM file; open nlite 1.2 final (I've already copied the windows cd files in my desktop), select integrated drivers and ISO booteable, select the folder with my raid driver check to set it up with the text driver option; integrated them and burn my new cd.

When Windows install begins it appears the driver while loading, recognize my sata raid 0 configuration but after fomatting a 30 GB partition he began the list of files to copy and stop because it didn't find the file VIAMRAID. sys (nor *.cat nor *.inf) inside the cd, i already tried to copy the 4 files inside the folder I386 in adittion to integrate them but it' didn't works either.

Thanks in advance for the help

nuhi

I did exactly similar things with the intel drivers, and got the same problems.

Based on an article on another forum about manually slipstreaming drivers, I then copied them to \$oem\$1\drivers, and made sure that OEM was enabled in nlite.

This then worked - XP installed correctly and ran with RAID disks.

Although I then had completely different problems with XP complaining about versions of files when I started to install the Intel chipset drivers and other motherboard drivers after XP had installed. These seemed to be related to the hotfixes that had been integrated by nLite. It resulted in USB brcoming nonoperational, and thus mouse and k/b freezing. So I evenetually had to go back to a repair install from a CD with just SP2 slipstreamed with no hotfixes.

RPPugh

• 2 weeks later...

FGGT, hmm...can you post the link to that driver which you use, and attach your preset please.

rppugh, no need for $oem$ or anything for Intel drivers, I just integrate them as they are. I pull them from the Windows Temp folder after running the driver, how do you get the extracted files?

And what did you enable in the bios and which section of the textmode driver do you choose?

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem but with SiS RAID drivers. At first I integrated the drivers, but i didn't enable it in text mode. Then I reinstalled windows with the original CDs and loaded the drivers from the floppy with no problem. Then i made another nLite disc without integrating the drivers and used the floppy but then i get the same exact problem as the other two posters.

What I don't uderstand is that I have done this in the past on another computer with no problem.

Ok few days ago I was reinstalling my machine but this time I didn't boot from a CD but ran the installation manually with the winnt32 and then I got that missing sys file error for my textmode driver.

Fixed that for the next version. If you boot from your cd and get that same error with your integrated driver (without pressing F6) then let me know.