'dat-weird fading-blue-screen (question)

setancabul

Hi.

I modified my logonui.exe, and now I got what I want. But, there is a slight thing that is small and short but still annoying verymuch (maybe because its smallness).

After BIOS boot, then win-XP logo and progress bar, then BEFORE my modified logonui.exe screen (I mean 'dat d4mned welcome screen) appear, there will a very short blast of fading pale blue screen. And its presence in all-black environment quite annoying for me.

The question is short: How to remove that bloody fading blue screen??

Another bite is; I used to remove my XP boot-screen (XP logo with the progress bar) and use my own screen thru modifying boot.ini file, and I don't do that again because it made the scanddisk, boot error notification, and all-like-that-stuff became gone. And - surely - I want to know if there's something wrong with d'system.

Then I know I can modify ntoskernel.exe to get rid of that boot screen. And the question is another short one:

Will this kind of modification remove the error notification, scandisk, etc?

Thank you, ma'men.

setan

Edited by setancabul

I am of no help but just to bump this topic and request for the love of god. . . how to stop this blue screen fade!!

I have attempted to adjust all background keys in the reg (set to 0 0 0) and it has improved it a bit but it still remains!!. . .

I am assuming it exists only as a hex number in the logonui.exe file but I don't really know!!

Help da Man!! and you'll help me!!

Thangs for any more help :)

What kind of a bootscreen do you have now - the original black with MS flag ? I remember that when i used modified ntoskrnl.exe, if the background of bootscreen was colored, then the screen between boot logo and welcome screen had also the same color.

I re-read the first post, so i assume this is not the case. You probably know there's a way to insert a picture to appear between the bootscreen and the logonui welcome screen. May be your blue splash has something to do with this ?

:)

Edited by AlYum