Run once post RunOnceEx?

Hi,

I have this app that I've automated to run using AutoIT. I tested in within Windows, and its runs perfectly. However, when I add it to RunOnceEx, it fails for some unknown reason. It seems to need to be in windows proper, not pre-"windows startup", to run.

So I was thinking I'll use the Startup folder in Windows, which runs everything in it everytime Windows starts up. Set it to be copied there during RunOnceEx, and the delete itself after the first run. Easy, right? Wrong. It didnt work, and I think its because the Startup folder hadnt been created yet at the First RunOnceEx stage.

So Im stumped. Any ideas on how I can get this app to run the first time I enter Windows proper(the desktop)?

I tried searching the forum, but couldnt come up with anything useful. More than likely bcos I dont know what to search for. What I tried wasnt working too well.

Thanks in advance...

HKLM Runonce & RunonceEX run just after the login but before you are fully into windows. you need to run the install in the HKCU Runonce for it to run in windows itself.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

instead of

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce or RunonceEX

Edited by chiners_68