Insert XP SP1 CD in Drive A ?

Just wondering if anyone can suggest why I have this problem...

As my computer boots from my XP Install CD to begin the first part of the installation procedure (this is where it loads files...even before it gets to the pick a partition dialogue, etc)...I'm asked to put Windows XP SP1 in drive A...

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks for any help....

well I got that when I was trying to slipstream sp1 into xp pro. I had allot of problems at first so I went back to my original install and started over again without sp1. The problem was that I kept my txtsetup.sif and guess what it has lines in there that tell the installer it is for sp1. Since I no longer had the sp1 files on the cdrom the installer would go no further.

You need to use the version of txtsetup.sif that is for your version of windows xp. On a side note if you have raid controlers that you have setup in txtsetup.sif then those will obviously need to be redone also with the older txtrsetup.sif.

Hi,

got the same problem !

I had the problem when I used the bootable XP_Iso for Winiso as it was described on the site http://www.MSFN.org/unattended/xp/finish.htm (Finishing off)

I used this iso and put my Windows XP German Version into that iso. So every time he asked me tu put the cd into Drive A:

After some testing I Just created my own ISO with winiso from my German XP CD. But you have to use the same Volume Discription as the original !!!

After that this problem was solved !

Hope I could help you out !