Hi everybody

bakkee

Hi,

my full name is Erik Bakker, and I live in Holland. I work for an ICT organisation that manages about 16000 pc's, about 1200 servers, at roughly 80+ locations all over the country.

Currently we use Windows 2000 on about 70 different types of hardwareplatforms (laptops and desktops) , witch all are obtained from the top 2 PC selling companies. OS deployment for the workstations is done by means of Altiris, and all those configurations are served with only 1 sysprepped image.

OS Deployment for the servers is done by unattended setup, but managed from HP RDP (basically Altiris, but HP-branded).

Right now the descision is made to migrate the clients to Windows XP. Server Based Computing will be introduced this year, and all clients will be fitted with Citrix client-software.

Right now I'm developing a solution to roll out XP,unattended, using Altiris. I want to build a solution that can be used in a concentrated serverenvironment, and that can be managed centrally. Of cause networkload is to be minimized, and all actions should be unattended.

I visited this forum a couple of times, to find lots of interesting stuff.

I hope to learn much from, and contribute a lot to the discussions on OS deployment.

Thanks.

Erik Bakker

Haarlem

Holland