XP Unattended Tool Collection

Some of us already mentioned that the tools currently developed will create a very easy way to install Windows XP completely unattended.

Now I'ld like to discuss the following:

Why not taking this one step further. In round about one month we have a tool that creates a brilliant winnt.sif file, anotherone to create all the batches you like and a third one which will allow you to slipstream any hotfix into your Windows XP CD. Summing this up you got everything you need. So create a install.exe and thereby create one hell of a collection.

Here are some(!) of the advanced options I see in that collection:

1.) A fourth tool:

this tool will be used for preferences such as where to put the cd's content (saving the path in some sort of ini file or such), optimizing the image at HD (removing Win9x update folder, value adds and stuff), greating the necessary folders $OEM$/$1

2.) Maybe even a fifth tool to apply all the registry tweaks you need.

Of course that much tools would make the collection a little hard to manage. So if there a some coders who would like to colaborate to create 1 or 2 tools, that would be even better.

Okay, enough of my ideas. What does the rest think. Post your opinions... NOW! :)

ok now on this I'm already working on the first one.

And as for the second it would be failry easy but all my stuff is cmd scripts so a general registry tool might be better to use a gui verion. For me I'll simply include many reg files and depending on what the user wants they can choose certain reg hacks. It wont be quite as intuitive as the reghacks will not change but at least it will give them an option wich reg hacks to include. Also it will most likely be that I will do reghacks a bunch at a time so that ones that are simmilar will be grouped together in a single file.

I was actually refering to your Slipstream script webmedic. But I wasn't aware of a the other options in it. That's great.

As for the registry stuff. Personally I would prefer to put all the stuff in on big reg file, as I cannot see any sense in splitting it up. But that's fine with me. That tool actually is mor like a typing than a thinking job.

What programming language do you use?

lol well remember hree I'm a linux sysadmin and also build windows boxen for customers.

So having said that It's all batch file. All net no hoop. Off the moon so to speak.

Really you can do allot with batch files. They are more stable, No memory leaks, run fast, and are easy to work on. What more could you ask for?

That's your opinion and somehow it's mine, but it's not for the majority of people. That's why Windows has been developed in the first place you know :)

Anyways, how is your slipstreaming batch going? Need a beta test? I would be glad to help.

well that part is being worked on but I have mostly been working oh getting my install fiels working correctly. I wont have anything ot test for a few weeks but I'll let everybody know.

As for gui stuff well I just know oany gui stuff and I dont feel like spending the time to learn it. I'll leave that up to others around here.