Vista Welcome screen

xanataus

Any account you create will show on the Welcome screen as if that person needed to log on, but what you want to do (judging from the article link you posted) is allow access to resources on the machine via a network without the user actually logging in, and in this case you don't need to create an account on the machine with the resources.

So, from memory here: I believe your able to set this up with the file sharing and remote access then restricting the shared resources to particular other machines, or to a prticular user name, on the network. Basically, share a folder then in the right click menu for it set up the security then add that person as able to access the machine in remote access. This way they access the resources like any other resource on the network, and I believe they will not see the welcome screen. And...if i'm not mistaken the information for doing all this is in the help in Vista.

Of course if you intended something else other that whats in the link you posted then i'm sorry if I mis-understood.

Hi,

Does anyone know how to hide a user from the Welcome Sceen in Vista.

It was possible in XP by performing the steps in this article.

http://www.tweakxp.com/article36754.aspx

Unfortunately, this does not seem to work for Vista.

Any ideas ... ?

Cheers

Xan