MS OutLook Accounts Settings

MGadAllah

Dear All:

Every time I installed MS Office OutLook, I added my emails details.

I'd like to know where email accounts I've added in MS OutLook exist or stored!?

Also if I'd like to add them unattendedly, will it be a registery file or .sfx file to be extracted in some place!?

Thanks

This is what work for me (I'm on a domain, not that that should matter, but just FYI).

Locate the Outlook profile in regedit. This can be found in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename

Export that .reg (call it something like email.reg).

Save that to a floppy, pen drive, network driver (whatever) and next time just double click that .reg. You will get prompted "do you really want to do this?". Just click yes/ok, then open Outlook. You can add this to a batch file and add a silent switch if you want to not get prompted. This is a pretty big key to export, I have trimmed mine down but it is still 62kb, I am sure I could trim it down some more, but I'm content the way it is. I have two imaps and an exchange account (with 6 sub-accounts) and it has worked perfectly for over a year.

Straytoasters

I'm afraid that I've found the following errors when I run MS Outlook for the 1st time on a clean installation after merging the registery file you mentioned above:

1st...When I run the application it asks me for the name of the profile which is outlook by default, but it can not be found as you can see

post-84180-1161919460_thumb.jpg

2nd

post-84180-1161919477_thumb.jpg

3rd

post-84180-1161919487_thumb.jpg

then every time I try to open the MS Outlook I recieve the 3rd error

What could be wrong

Do I have to do any .sfx for any thing!? I mean like the file that setup looking for

And will it be all right or not!?

Thanks

Ok, we might have a really big opppssey here. Your origial post was "Every time I installed MS Office OutLook, I added my emails details". That made me believe that you were opening Outlook on every new install and having to put in "my name is X, my server is Y and my password is Z", and as such all your mail was stored offsite (like mine (IMAP and Exchange) on another machine/server). If your mail was stored locally and you only exported the .reg, and you blew your HD away and did a reinstall, then your email is GONE. The .reg only add the settings or pointers to your email store, it does not contain the emails themselves...if those are stored locally they are usually .pst or .ost. The process I mentioned is still valid, but you would have to copy the pst/ost and put it back in the same place after the re-install, then run the .reg.

If your mail is gone I feel really bad but if you exported the key and even if it was 2-3 megs, you surely realized that wasent your whole mail store...no???

Straytoasters

Sorry if I expressed my point in a wrong way,

All I want to do is to import my emails accounts setting automatically,

But for the email messages them selves, they are not important to me at all,

So I will be very happy if I open the MS Outlook for the 1st time on a clean installation and find my email accounts settings already exist under email accounts from tools menu.

Hope that you get my point.

Thanks a lot

have you tried to deploy the outlook.pst file via SFX archive? this way it imports all your data, but im afraid it doesnt import the mail accounts. for importing the mail accounts and message rules i have yet to find a way.

Why don't you use the Office Settings Wizard? I don't know of a way to restore the settings silently, but it'll definately save you a lot of hassle. It won't save e-mail passwords either, but that's a good security measure. What if someone runs off with your UACD that has your e-mail password stored on it? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The main thing I was looking for was to setup my emails accounts in MS Outlook, so that I do not need to reset them every time after a clean install takes a place.

Today I've just figured that I can use Autoit Scite Script writer to creat a script that launch MS Outlook, then configure all my emails accounts then close it. And I did test it with WPI and it worked 100%.

I'm posting this now just to let any one may need to do this.